The Catholic Women’s League of Canada calls its members to grow in faith, and to witness to the love of God through ministry and service.
To achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- Monthly Mass before Meetings
- Memorial Service at November meeting
To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Marriage crosses presented to engaged couples
- Prayer Cards presented at First Holy Communion and Confirmation
To exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- Encourage daily family prayer and weekly Mass
- Presentation of Prayer Shawls to those in need of spiritual support
To protect the sanctity of human life.
- Baby shower for single mothers
- Support for Hospice Care
To enhance the role of women in church and society.
- Leadership roles in the Parish and Community Groups
To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- Financial support to charities at home and abroad as well as our own parish
- Gift bags to inmates of the Thunder Bay District Jail and clients of Shelter House and Salvation Army
- Cooking at the Dew Drop Inn
To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- Scholarships to elementary and secondary students
To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
- Financial support provided to social service providers such as: Salvation Army, Shelter House, Dew Drop Inn, Hospice Northwest, Development and Peace, Catholic Missions in Canada, Canadian Jesuits International, Underground Gym, Thunder Bay Regional, St. Joseph’s Care Group,